PETTER & DAIRMOUNT Presents SUBAKUATIK BLUES EP Digital
Click the LOGOS below to DIRECTLY BUY the release in the following primary digital shops
Our third release is introducing to you more intensely the musical personality of Dairmount, founder & A&R of our the label. Longtime independent music activist born in Belgium (formerly known as Philarmonix), Dairmount is a natural born “freestyler” who embraced anything soulful & groovy since the late 80’s, playing & travelling the world for 15 years. Hamburg is the city where he settled down in the last 6 years and 2009 marks the accomplishment of his personal dream to found Room With A View, shelter of his musical fantaisies.
Friendship & challenge are two values that define Phil pretty well so it is no surprise that musical collaborations & versatility tightly express his musical approach and personal ethic. After displaying Bass-Ment Tale, an old school house tribute produced with his partner in crime Marino Berardi, on the first episode of the Perspectives serie, Dairmount is presenting Subakuatik Blues on his first EP.
Recorded in 2007 with his good friend Ralf Petter, an “old cat” of the Hamburg music scene, this track managed to capture the essence of these great studio sessions : Phil’s natural obsession to create hybrid club material & Ralf’s amazing engineering skills matching perfectly to create this sub-aquatic dream that resulted in the track name. Lost in the world of analogue synths of Ralf’s studio, they created a 9 minutes odyssey crossing the lines between Deep House, Disco futurism & Detroit influences topped by a surprising “ravy” breakdown.
Phil approached naturally 2 of his longtime favorite producers to give their own perspectives of the timeless feel of the original : Russ Gabriel, who Phil has always admired for the depth of his output on Ferox, Planet E or his own Soul On Wax, has signed a beautiful version of the track. Extremely subtle & hypnotic, this remix is a true blessing & a great pride. Mood Music’s honcho Sasse, old friend of Phil, retouched with lots of love & care the track that he went crazy for and even realised 2 versions of it : a deep late night rendition and a more tooly dub for peaktime moments.
SELECTED DJ FEEDBACKS:
- “Epic build, seductive groove and suggestive What I love about RWAV is the understanding that every club track is essentially a musical moment that can fit with a vibe / moment in time on a certain floor somewhere. Every track i hear here is so clearly defined when it comes to inspiration to drop these tunes. playtime guaranteed!”
CHRISTOFFER BERG (My Sonic Mountain)
- “The Russ Gabriel Mix is amazing, will play for sure!” – DEETRON (Music Man)
- “Awesome ep. every version brings its own flavour…” – LLORCA / ART OF TONES (20:20 Vision)
- “Sasse’s 313 string mix is very nice & the underwater dance mix is great too…” – STEVE BUG (Pokerflat)
- “Simply great!” – DANNY KRIVIT
- “The Underwater Dance mix & Russ Gabriel perspective ROCK!! Allready a fan of the label…” – DARKO ESSER (Wolfskull)
- “I like the original. will be played in my radioshow and in the club for sure…” – ALEX BARCK (Jazzanova, Sonar Kollektiv)
- ” Lovely release will play for sure…” – LAURENT GARNIER (FCom)
- “Liking Sasses dub and Russ Gabriel’s mix…” – SIAN (Aus, Simple)
- ” Nice mix Russ! Very Metro Area esque, deep and soulful, with them ever present marimba sounds of the moment! Original is nice too, kind of Balearic a bit…quality house music I am impressed!” – DOMU (1Xtra, Papa, TrebleO)
- ” Great trax – excellent remixes!” – SLAM (Soma)
- ” Sasse’s 313 strings mix is sweet as apple pie!” – BRENDON MOELLER (Connaisseur, Third Ear)
- “What a continuous flow of quality stuff from RWAV! The Russ Gabriel Perspective would be my pick here. Love the percussion-work. The hihat rhythm is super-groovy!” – CLOUD (Exceptional)
- “Nice work boys! Some serious deep and moody vibes for any dancefloor to vibrate…” – TREVOR WALKER (Mercury Lounge)
- “Really like this package and more the Sasse dub prespective… Full support!” – MASTER H (Komplex De Deep, Soma)
- “The original mix is EPIC.. mad respect. Russ Gabriel Rmx .. maaan .. that’s the sh!t right there. Sasse’s turned this one into yet another trip .. .. this might be the hottest package in a while!” – LARS BERENROTH (DSOH, Freerange)
- “The original is one of my favourite tracks of the year so far, just beautiful. SOme heavyweight remixes too, great package!”
NEIL QUIGLEY (Urbantorque, Bedrock)
- “Great mixes all round. top notch!” – SHUR-I-KAN (Freerange, Dark Energy)
Also played & supported by Technasia, Deetron, Andreas Saag, Lovebirds, Tiger Stripes, St Plomb, Stacey Pullen, Mike Clark, Mazi, Abacus, Sebastian Roya, Prinz, Bangana, Fabrice Lig, DJ Yellow, Nacho Marco, Agnes and more…
High resolution covers and press pictures are available for download in our MEDIA SECTION. If you don’t have the password so far CONTACT US with detailed information about your magazine or website and activity. Thx.
ESSENTIAL INFOS & LINKS: