DAIRMOUNT Presents PERSPECTIVES 01 Digital
Click the LOGOS to DIRECTLY BUY the release on the following shops
We are proud to present you our very first release coming as part of the seasonal serie PERSPECTIVES which will introduce you to some core artists of our roster through exclusive tracks & samples of our forthcoming releases. PERSPECTIVES 01 kicks off in style with a very unexpected track by Deep House veteran ABACUS, known for his classics on Chicago‘s Guidance in the 90‘s. This dark & dubby rollercoaster has been in our dj sets for a long time and it has confi rmed many times to be an outstanding track judging by crowds reactions. Crossing the lines between House & Techno territories, it represents proudly our label‘s motto…
For the ones that witnessed already smoky & dirty intimate clubs back in the days, this one is for you : German sound wizard MARLOW, known for releases on Moon Harbour, Konsequenz & soon on Dennis Ferrer‘s Objektivity, offer you Fonk, a raw moody House odyssey loaded of Jazz & Funk samples carrying an early House vibe reminiscent of Lil‘ Louis & the Detroit school of Kenny Dixon Jr. Perfect to set up a special climax on the floors… A retro futuristic approach is also displayed in the rumbling Bass-Ment Tale by label honcho Dairmount & his partner in crime Marino Berardi, noticed for his early releases on Ovum & Wave Music some years back. DAIRMOUNT & BERARDI deliberately wanted to bring their own persperctive on Hip Hop esthetics once pioneered by people such as DJ Duke, Pal Joey or Kenny Dope. House music as you don‘t hear very often anymore…
The next 2 tracks are belonging to some of our forthcoming releases and we couldn‘t wait to share them with you as a promise of things to come : Jazzanova‘s own Roskow has „cooked“ a wonderful EP for the label under his solo moniker SYGAIRE and we are uncovering here the blasting Deep House remix of The Time Is Now by SHUR-I-KAN, known for his work on Freerange & Urbantorque to name a few. Closing this EP with class & distinction, Moodmusic‘s head SASSE has reworked in a late night groover mode the long awaited Subakuatik Blues by PETTER & DAIRMOUNT, due early may in its original glory with an extra Sasse‘s dub & a fantastic Russ Gabriel rework.
SELECTED SALES FACTS:
- After a 10 years hiatus, Toronto’s veteran producer Abacus is back with The Answer, a rare & unexpected track. He released recently an EP on Rebirth with Motorcitysoul & Pete Heller mixes.
- Marlow will release an EP on Dennis Ferrer’s Objektivity this spring & will be featured on the forthcoming Claude Van Stroke’s Fabric mix.
- Marino Berardi, who was spotted in the 90’s by Josh Wink & Francois K to release on their Ovum & Wave Music imprints, is back in full effect with forthcoming solo work & collaboration with label honcho Dairmount.
- After acclaimed releases on Sonar Kollektiv, Raw Fusion & Reincarnation, Jazzanova’s Roskow will release some new solo work as Sygaire on our label in june 09.
- Strong of successful releases on Freerange, Winding Road & Urbantorque, Shur-I-Kan has signed one of his best remix work to date with his “perspective” on Sygaire’s The Time Is Now.
- Completing a long serie of remixes for labels such as Playhouse, Saw, Deeplay Soultec, Bearfunk or Plastic City, Moodmusic’s founder Sasse has signed 2 mixes of the forthcoming Petter & Dairmount EP.
WHAT DJ’s SAY
- „Wow! what a debut! splendid bunch of tracks here…“ – JIMPSTER [Freerange]
- „Absolutely classic!“ – OSUNLADE [Yoruba]
- “ I am totally in love with Brethren! I promise I will buy the vinyl…“ – DARKO ESSER [Wolfskuil records)]
- “Fantastic EP. loving The Answer, Shur-I-Kan mix and the Brethren track – top notch!“ – SEI A [Sole Music, Missive]
- “The answer is amazing!!! mega deep bomb!“ – KONRAD BLACK [M_nus, Wagon Repair]
- „Great ep! Really love this a lot full support from me“ – LAURENT GARNIER [F Com]
- „Just plain wicked! All trax are just brilliant. There just all so good!!“ – BROTHERS VIBE [Mixx records]
- „The Abacus track is amazing, I definitely need a 12“!“ – MANUEL TUR [Freerange]
- „ Love the whole package! Will fit perfectly in my sets. Big up!“ – MOTOR CITY DRUM ENSEMBLE [2020 Vision, Quintessentials]
- “Nothing short of stellar dancefloor material here! all trax going in my DJ bag. WOW!“ – BRENDON MOELLER [Connaisseur, Echochord]
- “This is too good to decide which one to pick…Heavy, edgy, right up my street“ – RAINER TRÜBY
- “This much class out of a new label… Totally awesome.“ – ATJAZZ
- „Solid EP with nuff tunes 2 choose from… Especially feelin‘ Bass-Ment Tale“ – MAD MATS [Raw Fusion]
- „Very nice music selection indeed! I love the tracks“ – ALEX KID [Imprimé, Cadenza, Rekids]
- „The Answer is the shizzy!“ – STACEY PULLEN [Blak Flag]
- „Awesome! Hard to pick a favourite. Shurikan‘s mix is really amazing and the Bass-Ment is also a hot contender…“ – RUSS GABRIEL [Mobilee, Ferox]
- „Very good package of traxx..lot‘s of good ideas in there 4 sure“ – CHARLES WEBSTER [Miso, Defected]
- „Great package here. Plenty of shit to like. The Abacus track is a slammer for sure. Also diggin the Bass-Ment Tale and Sasse stringity deepness.“ – PHONOGENIC [Cocoon, Moodmusic]
- “Hard to choose a favourite as all the tracks are good! Full support!“ – FABRICE LIG [Third Ear, Versatile]
- “Great release! Will play this for sure…“ – PETER KRUDER [G-Stone, Compost]
- “What an outstanding first release on RWAV… Quality dirty house music that pushes the boundaries“ – SKI OAKENFUL [BBE, Primaudial]
- Also loved & supported by Tiefschwarz, Gerd, Audiofly, Mad Mats, Dixon, Dj Hell, Kiko Navarro, Djulz, Technasia, Nick Holder, Slam, Estroe, Joris Voorn, Tiger Stripes, Milton Jackson, Mazi, Domu, Chicken Lips, Lovebirds, Afrilounge, Ken Ishi…
High resolution covers and press pictures are available for download in our MEDIA SECTION. If you don’t have the password so far CONTACT US with detailed information about your magazine or website and activity. Thx.
ESSENTIAL INFOS & LINKS: